Do you have what it takes to become the next Barroso? This is your chance to let Brussels know what you think! The future of Europe? You decide! The European Student Think Tank is organizing Strategy Groups focusing on European Migration policy and European Youth Employment policy.
We are looking for a small group of Europe's most driven and knowledgeable students with a passion for EU-politics. We will give you the opportunity to sit down with students from different countries, cultures and disciplines to discuss, analyze and come up with solutions for the European Commission.
The European Student Think Tank (EST) is a young and dynamic organization offering European students a platform to engage in the political sphere and policy-making process of the European Union. We believe that students can and should get involved in the European policy-making process. EST's primary activity is to generate new ideas and strategies within the framework of the politics of the EU and Europe.
The EST Strategy Groups offer you:
- Fully organized three days in the international city of The Hague
- Your reports with policy advises will be handed to the European Commission
- An official EST Strategy Group Certificate
- Relevant work- and study experience related to EU-politics
- Opportunity to meet leading scientists, politicians and other officials of great stature
- Opportunity to profoundly study and analyze a particular issue
- Opportunity to work in an international and intercultural environment
- Opportunity to work in an interdisciplinary manner
- Develop research skills: qualitative and quantitative research skills, present your findings in a report.
For more information about the EST Strategy Groups, please visit our page here.
The EST will take care of the refreshments during the discussions supervised by EST appointed chairs, social program and food (two lunches and a dinner). Participants need to provide transportation& accommodation for themselves. Participation fee will be: 70 EUR.
- Relevant educational background (in line with the focal point of the Strategy Group);
- Genuine interest in policy-making and EU-politics;
- Relevant experience in your field of study;
- Experience with qualitative as well as quantitative research;
- Great social skills;
- Excellent command of the English language.
Please send the following to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5th of May 2013 to be considered.
- Proof of excellent English command
- Motivation letter (important: display interest in theme of strategy group, interdisciplinary cooperation and gathering knowledge in an interactive way, instead of passive lecturing)
- Academic education (copy of certificates/transcripts/diploma's that support your interest in EU-politics stated in your motivation letter).
Have a look at to discover The Hague.