Below please find the information about numerous DAAD events, research and scholarships at universities all over the Baltic states. Entrance to all events is free - everybody is welcome!
Autumn has brought cold and stormy weather to the Baltics - as every year, this means that the hot phase for the DAAD scholarships for 2019 has started! Please check the following list types of scholarships and for deadlines. You can submit your application by following the links. Individual consultation - in person, by telephone or email - is possible at any point during our opening hours.
Scholarship offers for graduates and students who are close to finishing their first study programme:
- Performing Arts: Deadline October 31, 2018.
- All Disciplines: Deadline November 15, 2018.
- Fine Arts, Design/ Visual Communication and Film: Deadline November 30, 2018.
- Practical Traineeships for Foreign Students of Natural and Technical Sciences, Agriculture and Foestry with IASTE
- University Summer Courses offered in Germany. Deadline December 1, 2018.
- Short Term Grants (1-6 months). Deadline November 15, 2018.
- One Year Grants. Deadline November 15, 2018.
- Research Grants - Bi-nationally Supervised Doctoral Degrees. Deadline November 15, 2018.
- Research Grants - "Cotutelle" Doctoral Programmes. Deadline November 15, 2018.
- Research Stays for University Academics and Scientists. Deadline November 15, 2018.
- Study Visits for Academics - Artists and Architects. Deadline November 15, 2018.
- Study Visits by Groups of Foreign Students. Deadline November 1, 2018.
- Re-Invitation Programme for Former Scholarship Holders. Deadline November 15, 2018.
Go East Summer Schools
Universities from the Baltic states can apply for the programme „Go East Summer Schools” with summer schools ranging in topic. The programme is designed to encourage students from Germany to conduct an academic visit in countries of the Eastern parts of Europe.
The application deadline is November 8, 2018. For further Information click here.
Project Competition by the Baltic-German University Liaison Office
As every year, the Baltic-German University Liaison Office has launched its call for funding of small-scale projects of academic cooperation between Germany and the Baltic states (maximum 5,000 Euros). Deadline is 15 October, 2018. Further information is available at www.hochschulkontor.lv.
Study Foundation of the Berlin House of Representatives
The Study Foundation of the Berlin House of Representatives offers scholarships for the academic year 2019-20 to graduates and doctoral candidates of all fields. Applicants should work on projects that requires access to research facilities in Berlin. The application deadline is December 15, 2018. For further information and the application form click here.
The visit of Bavarian universities by groups of pupils from the Baltic states is financed by the Bavarian Care Initiative (BayBIDS). Visits could take place in the time between the middle of October and the end of December of this year. The announcement for the budget year 2019 will be advertised at the end of September but proposals can be submitted now. The German language level of the pupils should be B1+ or better and they should visit the graduation class or the one before that. If you are interested write an e-Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Oktoberfest in Vilnius
As last year, the IC Riga organizes academic Oktoberfests in cooperation with the German embassies and local universities. This year, they will take place in Tartu, Vilnius and Riga. In addition to exciting reports of academic projects and study visits of kinds as well as information on scholarships, the Oktoberfests provide the opportunity for informal networking and consultation while enjoying beer and pretzels.
- It will take place in Vilnius on October 25 from 5 to 7 p.m. in the small auditorium of the University of Vilnius and from 7 to 9 p.m. at the café of the University of Vilnius. Both venues are on Universiteto 3. Further information can be found our website. You can find the Facebook-event here.
In a series of events we inform about study and research opportunities in Germany in the three Baltic countries. They take place on the following days:
- October 23 from 2-3:30 p.m. at Technical University Kaunas, Donelaičio g. 73. The room will be announced. The Facebook event can be found here.
- October 23 from 4:30-5:30 p.m. at Vytautas Magnus University Kaunas, V. Putvinskio gatvė 23, room 310. The Facebook event can be found here.
- October 24 at the Gerdiminas Technical University Vilnius. The room will be announced. The Facebook event can be found here.
- from 1:45-2:30 p.m.: information for students.
- from 2:30-3:30 p.m.: Information for researchers.
- October 25 from 10:00-11:00 a.m. at the ISM Vilnius, Arklių 18, room 411. The Facebook event can be found here.
Between the 6th and 9th December, a seminar on European integration and media expertise will take place in Rēzekne. The focus will be on Social Science research. Interested students are asked to send an e-mail to email@example.com by October 7th with a brief explanation of their interest. The DAAD can cover travel and accommodation costs; however, it can not be guaranteed that all interested students can participate. The arrival must be planned for the afternoon of October 6th. The seminar ends on the 9th at lunchtime.
Other announcements and events
Themed seminar on German-Baltic History
Between the 18th and 21st October 2018, a special seminar will be held in Tartu under the theme "Cooperation and Coexistence - German Baltic History and its Interactions", organized by the German Baltic Study Foundation and the Domus Dorpatensis Foundation. It is aimed at enrolled students of all universities and disciplines. The languages of instruction are German and English. More information and the programme can be found here, a link to the Facebook event here.
Baltic Days of German Philology in Vilnius
From October 26 to 28 the Baltic Days of German Philology will take place at the University of Vilnius. It focuses on "Openness and Closeness in Language, Culture and Science". If you are interested, please contact Dr. Daumantas Katinas (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Dr. Alexander Mionskowski (email@example.com).