Centre for Constitutionalism and Human Rights at the European Humanities University invite everyone interested to the 5 day Summer University 2022 devoted to the topic: “Human Rights for Everyone: Humanity-Technology-Law”, that will be held on August 1–5.
The rapid development of technology – which has become an integral part of our lives – is changing and shaping a new system of human rights and international law. The issues of ensuring and protecting human rights and proper legal regulation arise in a variety of areas: from the spheres of politics, administration and justice, the spheres of peace and global security to the spheres of private and civic engagement, business activities and financial markets.
The Summer University’22 will focus on law and humanity as core issues for all as the main regulatory mechanisms of the new technological reality.
A big advantage of SU’22 is its focus on the creation and development of group projects of participants, accompanied by mentoring from experts in 5 thematic areas and a special prize fund [see details below].
This year, out of a desire to create a predictable and safe environment for our experts, mentors, tutors and participants, we have focused on holding SU’22 online.
WHEN: August 1-5, 2022
- students of all directions interested in the formation/updating of knowledge and skills of HUMANITY-TECHNOLOGY-LAW;
- law students who need a deep understanding of technical peculiarities of the new tech to be able to operate with them in the legal turn;
- teachers, researchers, specialists who want to expand/change the vectors of their interests, considering new technological reality and new challenges.
- formation of a new pool of knowledge and competencies in the field of human rights, international law in the new technological reality;
- analysis of new risks for humanity and the need for their prevention and mitigation;
- updating the understanding of the work of the system for the implementation of civil, political, social, economic and cultural rights and freedoms; formation of skills for civic participation in public life;
- formation of a systematic practical understanding of the methods of work in the field of human rights and the application of ethical standards.
- strong motivation and English language knowledge at B2 level;
- registration required (including up to 300 words motivation).
AIM OF THE SU’22:
- increase knowledge about human rights and international law for issues of the new technological reality;
- encourage the participation of youth in considering/solving the HR issues, specifically via applying constitutional/international law provisions as normative frameworks and by applying/interpreting human rights´ values in the modern context.
- early bird: 120€ [to July 1, 2022];
- from July: 150€;
- for Belarusian participants: may be granted individually fee exemption or discount based on your application;
- for Ukrainian participants: free of charge (registration, including a motivation letter, is required).
REGARDING THE GROUP PROJECT OF THE PARTICIPANTS:
Step_1: participants will be asked to form 5 thematic teams:
- administration and justice;
- human rights and business;
- law and modern finance;
- human rights and challenges of the technological world;
- law and the field of peace and global security in the context of technology law and the field of peace and global security in the context of technology.
Step_2: during the 3 days of the Summer University, the teams, with the assistance of mentors, will develop their projects in the time and space allotted for the teams
Step_3: on Day 5 of SU’22, teams will present their projects to peers and experts
THE WINNING TEAM WILL RECEIVE A SPECIAL PRIZE FROM THE CCHR:
- special prize from SU’22 partners;
- receive credit in the course “Information technologies”;
- Labour Rights Internship in the Labour Rights.
WE LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING YOU AT CCHR SUMMER UNIVERSITY’22!
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR APPLICATIONS!