University College London School of Slavonic and East European Studies announces a Call for postgraduate student conference, taking place on February 19-20, 2020.
Paper and panel discussion proposals could address, but are not limited to, the following questions:
* How are social identities constructed in Central and Eastern Europe?
* What are popular ideas of the true/false dichotomy?
* How is history re-addressed in post-Communist East European societies?
* What are East European Imagined Communities?
* How do East European societies perceive Self and Other?
* How does current news and social media challenge our understating of truth?
We hope that this conference will provide an opportunity for postgraduate students and early career researchers to present their research to a broad, cross-disciplinary audience, as well as to network with other scholars of the Central and Eastern Europe and the Former Soviet countries.
Please send your proposals to: firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is Monday 16th December. The conference will take place 19th-20th February 2020 at UCL SSEES, London.
Paper proposals should not exceed 300 words and panel proposals should be up to 700 words. Please, include your name, e-mail and university affiliation. The presentations should take no more than 20 minutes. The language of the conference is English.