The Department of History and the Department of Medieval Studies of the Central European University (Budapest, Hungary) invite undergraduate students to rethink the manifestations and roles of tradition and innovation in history at the “Tradition and Innovation in Historical Perspective” Undergraduate Conference, which is scheduled for August 3-6, 2017.
Proposals from all thematic areas (social history, economic history, military history, political history, cultural history, history of material culture, gender history, religious history, intellectual history, cultural heritage studies, art history, archaeology, and so on) and all historical periods will be considered. Preference, however, will be given to proposals with interesting approaches and well defined research questions, objectives, and results.
- the language of the conference and the papers is English
- proposals should not exceed 250 words
- deadline: Monday, April 15, 2017. Late applications will be considered on a case by case basis
- all applications must be submitted via an online form: https://history.ceu.edu/tradition-and-innovation-application-form
- students will be notified about the acceptance of their proposal by April 30, 2017
- papers should be 2000 to max. 3000 words long
- deadline: Monday, July 24, 2017
- at the conference participants will present a 10-12 minute summary of their papers in thematic panels.
- Guidelines to write the paper
Conference participants must register for the conference by Tuesday, May 31, 2017 by paying the conference fee (payment instructions will be announced soon). The conference fee is 75 EUR and includes:
- Three nights’ accommodation in single rooms in the CEU Residence Center
- Coffee breaks
- Guided tours
- 72 hour public transport pass
- Free Wi-Fi
For inquiries, please e-mail us firstname.lastname@example.org